View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: New moon in the last Olympian?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 pm

So I decided to pick up the Percy Jackson and the olympians series after stephenie suggested it and friends at school were reading it and in the last Olympian there was something that caught my eye. "a security guard was sitting behind the desk in the lobby, reading a big black book with a flower on the cover." do you think rick riordan was giving a little new moon shoutout?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New moon in the last Olympian?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and I never caught that. Stephenie Meyer made the comment about it back in June or July as summer reading, and The Last Olympian came out the fifth of May. It could be that Rick Riordan is a fan of Stephenie and vice versa, but it could also be he just had seen a lot of copies of New Moon around. (You cannot walk into a store without seeing one of the books on display.)

Personally, I believe that there was no connection to New Moon. Great eye though! If I can, I might contact Rick Riordan because I am always looking for books that have Twilight and Harry Potter references in them. There actually are a lot out there. Thanks for posting this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New moon in the last Olympian?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1