HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Dear Twilight Nation,

So many of you have been so supportive of the R.P.P.P, by posting our graphic, that I feel as if we can do more to educate our fellow Twilighters about what we stand for - what we are about. Looking over the past year, it seems as if we have been a witness to something that has never happened before; a phenomenon, if you will. New rising stars have been born, and we’ve seen it all happen, right before our eyes. We’ve heard so much excitement about the actors, the praise, and the love; but, now it seems, all that we hear about are rumors and lies. I, for one, am sick of such things.

I think to educate our fellow Twilighters, we need to look closer at some of the things that have been happening. We’ve all heard the rumors, the stories - about incidents with cab’s, so called “fans,” and seemingly fictional “relationships,” but now it’s time for YOU to tell US what you think about it. To speak out!

That’s where you come in, Twilight Nation. I’m calling on you to tell us what you think. Over the next several months, I would like you, to take a closer look at what you think we need to know. For example, you can talk about: how you feel about the over abundance of rumors in Twilight Nation - or maybe an examination of an experience you had taking a stand against tabloids, paparazzi, rumors, etc. - anything that makes us look at something a little differently.

Basically, we want you to tell us what you think about the whole mess (I think you know what I’m talking about). But, this isn’t a place for you to randomly rant, or complain. It’s more for you to intelligently speak your mind on issues that you want to talk about, regarding subjects that the R.P.P.P might bring up or things along that line.

To make sure that everyone has a chance to clearly and precisely speak their mind - without everyone’s ideas bunching up with one another, I think that we should do this on a weekly basis. This is open to everyone not just R.P.P.P members. Posts will be posted on Fridays starting on August 21 to ????? Dates to post will be assigned at a first come first serve basis, or if you would like to request a specific date, you are able to do so. If you would like to sign up, PM me (kpattz87) and we can schedule a date. Please post your post under: R.P.P.P Post for (insert date here): Title of your post

I think this will be a great place to share and discuss on a deeper basis about what has been going on with the media and Twilight Nation. A place to understand and learn about how there are positive ways to Fangirl and still be a fan, to learn about the courage to take a stand against tabloid rumors, and to take a closer look at how things we do effect Rob and his fellow cast mates. There is so much we can do to change what is going on. Speaking up and out is the only way. I hope all of you will participate and speak your mind. I think we'd all love to hear what you have to say.

Thank You to all - From Proud R.P.P.P member Kim

"There is a need for change and we can be the instrument for such change."
- Jed Medina
Back to top Go down
Dazzled_By_Edward
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Sounds like a very good idea to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/CoffeeFashion
AnnaIsTeamEmmett
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Where can a gal get one of the official member graphics? Wink i'd like to join

PostSubject: R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!   Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Dazzled_By_Edward wrote:
Sounds like a very good idea to me. Smile

Thanks! I hope you sign up! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!   

Back to top Go down

R.P.P.P Post for 8/20/09 : Speak up and out!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1