View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Good Lord help us, what next?   Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Image my suprise when at Target to pick up a few things for school and flip a few tabloids over, despite my efforts, one of them catches my eye. What's the headline? "Rob and Kristen Engaged!"
I can't even begin to say how mad this makes me... I can already see the next headline "Rob is actually a vampire and attemps to bite a fan!" I can't believe what kind of bullcrap they dish out! No doubt tomorrow at school I'll hear a chorus of "Didja hears?" and "Guess whats!?" from classmates. This is one of the many numerous reasons for the RPPP and Project F.L.A.N.S. I know i should've saved this for the RPPP posts but i figured the sooner, the better. I'm encouraging you guys, as Twilight fans and just all-around celebrity fans, to help stop this sort of thing by speaking out. Join the RPPP and/or anything else similar, flip a few mags next time you're at the grocery store, write an email or letter to tabloids or gossip websites to say how you're feeling and please, please, do not endorse this by buying tabloids!

So there's my rant...... and again I have to say don't encourage it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Good Lord help us, what next?   Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:17 pm

First of all, Hallelujah! You are saying what I have been saying for song long! It's like I want to shout it off the roof tops "Somebody get's it!" (Maybe that's a little over dramatic, but you get the point) Very Happy

A few weeks ago, I flipped over my first magazine. And at first, I'll admit, I was a little scared to do it. But - once I did - It was FANTASTIC! It gives you kind of a rush - knowing that you did something good. You know . . . every time I see one of those ridiculous headlines - I just want to rip my hair out. They are so absurd! Unless you are Rob - you don't know what is going on in his life. These people need to stop and look at themselves - see what they are doing to these poor people who are just like you and me. They're making their lives a living hell. Being chased around by the Paparazzi is no way to lead a life - even if you are a celebrity. Ugh . . . it makes me so mad!

Now I've ranted. I feel better. Not really - but . . . it's nice to shout once in a while - even if it is just to your computer. Very Happy

Psssst . . . Lindsay! You know this would be a great topic for the RPPP's Speak Up and Out Campaign . . . **hint** **hint** We need people to post!

And now I've done my plug for today . . .

Keep on fighting the good fight!
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Good Lord help us, what next?   Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Thank you!

It makes me so mad when people think this is real, I mean seriously, I actually picked up one of the things and read it. I was disgusted with the lack of sources, obviously made-up facts, and it just seemed like it was written like AVPM (A Very Potter Musical) - for the purpose of a laugh.

These stories are obviously not true, and it sickens me that people are buying into this crap. I may not be K-Stew's biggest fan, or even Rob's, but these rumors have to stop. They have no privacy, and it is embarrassing as a fan, to see that the people who hold key positions in our fandom treated this way.

Imagine if you suddenly became famous, and your entire life was watched by millions of people everyday, every hour, even this minute in fact. I would hate it. I would quit. If Rob and Kristen and the rest of the cast keep getting treated this way, they might quit too.

Who really freaking cares if they are engaged anyway? As long as it does not interfere with their jobs (Playing the roles of Bella and Edward), why should it matter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Lord help us, what next?   

Back to top Go down

Good Lord help us, what next?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1