View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Okay, it's a little weird to be a listener of a Twilight podcast, a reader of the books, and a watcher of the first movie and tell people that you're not seeing the movie.

Honestly, I thought the books were good. Not great, but good. I really didn't like the first movie, and since that came out last November, my love of Twilight has almost completely vanished. Not only that, but with all of the drama that's been going on with this movie, with Taylor, and Catherine being overthrown for sketchy reasons, with Rachelle not coming back for the third, I don't want to give any support to Summit.

Also, New Moon is my least favorite movie, and it'll have lots of Kristen, who I don't like at all. My favorite characters are Carlisle and Jasper, who'll be in it for about four minutes, and almost all of those clips are available online.

Even though I don't like movie interpretations of books that often, I usually like seeing them, but the Twilight movie distorted everything I liked about Twilight into one of those teenage romance novels that everyone reads. (I didn't love or even like any of the clips or trailers that have come out.)

That's a completely different reason for not seeing it too. I hate being like everyone else. I don't like seeing what all the girls in my grade are seeing. I make an exception for Harry Potter because I love it so much, but I don't even like Twilight that much.

I know it's weird to post something like this in a Twilight forum, but I've got to ask everyone:

Is anyone else not seeing the movie?

I just don't want to give my money to see a movie I know I'm not going to like, one that I've nearly seen all of the scenes online, and Summit seems to think that whatever they do, screaming fangirls will see it anyway.

I refuse to be a screaming fangirl who will take everything thrown her way. Anyone with me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GlitchInMyBrain
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 pm

i am seeing the movie although my twilight obesession has receeded because of your reasons. at least i have another obsession to take over. (MUSE) \m/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KimberLeAnn
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:55 pm

I am not seeing it.

One becaus I am BROKE!
I mean my sister took my debit card and over drafted my account $50.

Two cause the mom's get frackin intense.
When I say Twilight, I giggled a little at points where there was really bad acting, they didnt like that.

Three cause all my friends are on hiatus.
Just kind of left me high and dry.

Four cause I am sick...
I have been sick for a long time adn dont feel like going anywhere.

I'll see it after a few weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrs_Edward_Cullen
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:57 pm

aww that's the first time I hear someone saying it !! I hate being like other people ! now that everyone knows about twililight ( thanks to me -__-')
they're making a fuss about it ! they haven't even read the books, and they act like they know everything, it makes me sick !!
I had to remove alot of them from facebook :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fr-fr.facebook.com/people/Sara-Krimou/685849482
Missy Skywalker
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:57 pm

I see I'm mostly alone with this.

That's not surprising. It is a Twilight site/podcast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 pm

I completely understand what you mean.

Sorry, I am seeing it. But I feel the same way. The only real reasons I am going because a) New Moon is my favorite book. I am with Sammi on the whole suicide-dark humor-death topics, and I hate happy endings. Which New Moon does not really have. And b) I want to see if the leaked draft (I admit it!) that I partially read was true.

I hate how Twilight just exploded, "Oh. You like Twilight. That is like so stupid, everyone loves Twilight." I do not like being like anyone else, many people my own age do not quite understand my lack of attention for things they consider important, like make-up, Abercrombie and boys. I am not like anyone else, nor do I ever wish to be. And Twilight has become almost everyone's thing, and I do not like that. Yes, I read it before most, although many can claim much more than my nineteen months.

Luckily, almost no one in my school is going, because they did not realize you had to buy your tickets in September. I am probably one of perhaps 15/200 in my grade going. So, I am different.

Sorry Missy Skywalker, but I get what you mean. And Kimberly Ann, I hope you feel better! And about your friends, I am really sorry, but you always have us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone Not Seeing New Moon?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilighters Anonymous Podcast Forum :: Off Topic :: Misc. Topics-
Jump to: