View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IPunchWerewolves
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: I just saw New Moon   Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:16 am

No joke, true story. I just got out of the theater.

To sum things up: It was awesome. MUCH better than the first. A-/B+

Now, let me tell it the long way!

I am NOT a purist. I am most concerned that the general plot is followed, that all the BIG plot points are hit, and that spirit of the book is in the film.

Even though I've seen everything spoilery, this movie was still full of surprises. You thought you saw the break up scene from that leak in Italy? That wasn't the complete, finished scene. I'd watch that scene only twice on youtube b/c I didn't want to desensitize myself to it. Let me tell you, it's really heartbreaking. Punch to the gut, take you by surprise, holy crap that was perfectly done, heartbreaking.

It was very important to me that they capture the depression Bella experiences. That they show those months passing. I really couldn't imagine how they would do it in a way that would provoke those same poignant feelings. And they really pulled it off. The months pass and things do not get better. She is in status. Well done.

The colors, the way scenes are shot, the score--all so much better than the predecessor. Although it has more to do with a style preference (Hardwicke preferring a more gritty, real, shaky cam, too subtle humor), I prefer Weitz's style. It is rich. The way each scene is put together is deliberate, luscious, smooth, & beautiful.

The special effects are very superior to those in the first film. The detailing of the wolves is stunning. The swift vampire movements are thrilling.

Jacob is HOT. Taylor smolders on screen & his chemistry with Kristen is darn near edible, it's so delicious! If I had someone like him coming on to me the way he did to her, I don't think I'd be able to resist! I'd say he's half naked for a good 30-40% of his scenes. My friend Sheree let out a very pleased "mmm!" each time, lol!

Once again, everyone who is not the trio does an incredible job w/what little they have. Have no doubts about your humans or the Volturi.

The only cheesy scene was the flash that Alice shows Aro of Bella's future. The theater lol'd for real.

I really think you're going to enjoy this one. It was better than I expected, undoubtedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/randomaccess
IPunchWerewolves
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

PostSubject: Re: I just saw New Moon   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 am

Any questions? I'll answer!
Back to top Go down
QuoteGirl
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: I just saw New Moon   Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Two:

How did you see it? I am insanely jealous.

And is it true they have a Hogwarts-esque go inside the painting of Aro, Marcus and Caius? I admit it, I looked up the supposed leaked rough draft. That was mentioned in it, and I am freaking out because what I read (and laughed at) seems to be appearing in people's reviews and clips. I literally wrote on the top, "If this is real, we are doomed". And it seems to be real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IPunchWerewolves
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

PostSubject: Re: I just saw New Moon   Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:28 am

QuoteGirl wrote:
Two:

How did you see it? I am insanely jealous.

And is it true they have a Hogwarts-esque go inside the painting of Aro, Marcus and Caius? I admit it, I looked up the supposed leaked rough draft. That was mentioned in it, and I am freaking out because what I read (and laughed at) seems to be appearing in people's reviews and clips. I literally wrote on the top, "If this is real, we are doomed". And it seems to be real.
A friend of mine works for a press website & was allowed two passes to the press screening.

What you've heard is true, but honestly, I found a beautiful effect. It really pulled me into the story
Back to top Go down
IPunchWerewolves
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

PostSubject: Re: I just saw New Moon   Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Summit Entertainment released that New Moon had the biggest midnight opening of all time ranking in $26.27 million!!
Back to top Go down
Erikalovestwilight
Twi-Holic
Twi-Holic

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: I just saw New Moon   Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:39 pm

I thought it was amazing and I don't have one complaint about it except they could have made is a 2 1/2 hour movie! I thought it stuck closer to the book than Twilight did. I think Taylor Lautner did the best acting in it and made people who were never Team Jacob, love him more as a character and feel bad for him. Kristen did a great job I think and what we saw of Rob he did good as well. Jasper had horrible hair and it sounded like a country accent. I cannot wait to see Eclipse now! Chris Weitz did such a great job, thank you Chris!! I can't wait to see it again. Everyone I talked to loves it and I haven't heard anything negative yet! There was a lot of comedy in it which was great as well! It was sooooo worth the wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/erika1975
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just saw New Moon   

Back to top Go down

I just saw New Moon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1